UPTE, CWA Local 9119 is a member run, statewide union representing 12,000 University of California technical, research, and health care professionals. UPTE is seeking a full CAMPUS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR. This position is currently 100% at our Local 6 UC Davis campus, which includes the Davis campus, outlying facilities, the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in Davis and the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. This assignment could be reconfigured based on operational needs. If you believe in justice and are committed to organize for it and are willing to think outside the box, we need you.
- Train members to plan, lead and conduct organizing, political, legislative, and issue-oriented activities;
- Work collaboratively with local and systemwide officers and directors in proposing and implementing innovative ideas to achieve the campaign's goals;
- Help to develop and deliver formal and informal education programs to train stewards and worksite leaders;
- Demonstrate proficiency in all elements of organizing through leadership development and mentoring instead of assuming primary responsibility for success.
Skills and knowledge required:
- 3-5 years prior labor organizing experience particularly in the area of committee development;
- Potential applicants should have demonstrated success in member-based field organizing and mobilization;
- In-depth understanding of the laws, workplace rules, contracts and trends related to organizing and representing higher education employees in California;
- Some investigative research experience, including industry, or issue research preferred;
- Post-secondary education and/or work experience demonstrating strong strategic and analytical abilities;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Strong strategy and analytic skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications
- Valid automobile driver's license, travel, temporary assignments and extended work hours are required.
Salary & Benefits: Full-time salary dependent on experience ($56,735.46 to $66,455.08). Full benefits package included. Part of staff union.
Where to Apply: Send cover letter, résumé, and three references (MS Word attachments preferred) to: email@example.com